Organized in 1899 with eighteen members, First Presbyterian Church Scottsburg has stood in the heart of Scottsburg on the northeast corner of McClain Avenue and Washington Street since 1902.
While it has been remodeled, refurbished, and added to, the building remains essentially the same with its original stained glass windows and amphitheater-seating in the sanctuary. A Moehler pipe organ was added in 1985, adding richness to the hymns and spiritual songs that are part of our worship.
Our congregation and its leaders, both ruling elders and teaching elders (pastors) have been integral members of the local community, serving in various capacities as disciples of the risen Lord. We believe Christian service is not limited to church leadership, and so believe in the classical Reformed idea of the priesthood of all believers. Through Christ God calls us to serve the world with all the gifts and talents He gives.
Rev. Don Summerfield